Error while importing openturns

Hi everyone! I have the following error when I try to import openturns, I tried uninstalling and installing the module again, but I still have the same erroripython.html (12.3 KB)

Hi

How did you install openturns?
Seems you are using Python 32 bits wheras openturns is not supporting 32 bits

Hi and welcome in the community !
Sofiane seems to be right, since your file begins with:

Python 3.8.5 (default, Sep  4 2020, 00:03:40) [MSC v.1916 32 bit (Intel)]

How did you install OpenTURNS then?
In the meantime, I suggest to follow one of the installation methods presented at:
http://openturns.github.io/openturns/master/install.html
Regards,
Michaël

Hello,

I’m currently trying to install openturns in an anaconda environment on a workstation. I’ve succesfully installed it since I can see it in the package list of my environment. However once I try to import it I get a error closely the same as the one mentioned by speeria (see the html file attached).

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Error_openturns.html (5.3 KB)

Regards,
Daan Smolders

Hello,
Did you try this:

$ pip install numpy --force-reinstall --no-deps

?
Regards,
Michaël

Just tried it in the Anaconda prompt, when I try to do it with pip I get a timeout error similar to this. I’ve also tried
$ conda install numpy --force-reinstall --no-deps

Regards,
Daan

To get back on my previous message. I made one mistake that was forgetting to install ipython in that environment with

conda install ipython

After doing that I worked with a colleague on the problem and we found (in the ipython commandprompt) that if you import openturns before numpy you will get no conflicts / errors. We might try to also get it to work on spyder but that might bring another problem with it since the same error comes up even without importing numpy.

Regards,
Daan

this should be fixed now